Losing weight with cool showers is possible according to the 2008 study, “Human Skeletal Muscle Mitochondrial Uncoupling Is Associated with Cold Induced Adaptive Thermo genesis” (“The mitochondrial coupling in human skeletal muscle is associated with adaptive thermo genesis cool-induced”). This means that the brown adipose tissue of the human can be increased fat burning in response to temperature cool. A simple way to do this is to take cool showers. Confirmation of human brown fat is official, but the science is still theoretical enact. Researchers do not know how much weight you can lose with this technique, but it can speed up metabolism more than if you only do exercise and follow a diet. Follow these few steps to lose weight with cool showers.
- Get into the shower and turned on the water to your temperature preferred. Start with warm or hot water if you want and complete your activities including wash, shampoo and conditioner.
- Turn the knob of the shower half between cool water and your temperature preferred shower. The water will be cool, but this refreshing temperature. Let your body adjust slowly as the water runs.
- Adjust the temperature of the water again, turning the knob halfway away from the cool showers setting. This water will be much cooler and can be a bit shocking, but stand firm. Let the water run over your body for 30 to 60 seconds until you adjustments to temperature. Your body has already begun to use the brown fat tissue to generate heat.
- Be sure and turn the shower knob all the cool setting. For a short period of time will be shockingly cool, but that’s the point of cool water. Keeping you under water let it run through your shoulders, your neck and your back. These are the areas where it is most human brown fat, according to the article in “Time” May 2010 Alice Park, “Study: Scientists Find a Way to Trigger Fat-Burning Fat” (“Study: scientists find a way to cause burn fat “).
- Stay under cool water for at least 30 seconds, says Jeff Anderson, author of “Sneaky Weight Loss Tricks”. At this point your body will have adapted something and not feel so cool. You can find it refreshing. Stay under cool water as long as you want, but make sure you at least 30 seconds.
- Repeat these cool showers two or three times a day to activate more brown fat cells. While humans do not have large amounts of brown fat, according to the scientist Stephan Herzog German article on “Time”, you would need to activate only a small portion of brown fat to make a significant impact on your overall metabolism.